|The Drop That Makes The Difference|
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have a question please let us know by clicking Contact Us! We would love to hear from you!
Some Interesting Facts About Cook's:
- Lochhead Manufacturing has 95 years experience in the vanilla business.
- Typically vanilla has 35% alcohol in it; ours contains 42% because it causes the vanilla to be more flavorful.
- How can I change my credit card information?
- Can I have a product shipped outside of the United States of America?
- My order did not go through, but my credit card seems to be charged anyway. Why?
- Why was my order declined?
- Shipping Policies
- Free shipping if you spend $50.00 or more, where does it apply?
- How many Calories and how many carbohydrates in Pure Vanilla Powder?
- How many Calories and how many Carbohydrates in Organic Powder?
- What is our base for the organic powder if it's not Dextrose?
- Can I use the Pure Vanilla Powder in baking?
- How many teaspoons per ounce of Pure Vanilla Powder?
- Where do we grow our vanilla beans?
- How many beans are in a gallon of vanilla?
- What is the difference between Bourbon and Tahitian vanilla beans?
- What does the word Terpeneless mean?
- Which flavors are alcohol free?
- How much Bourbon Extract would be the equivalent of 8 oz of Bourbon?
- How much Pure Maple Extract should I use if my recipe calls for imitation maple flavor?
- What is the difference between a flavor and an extract?
- How much sugar is in a teaspoon of Maple Flavor?
- How much sugar in a 4oz. bottle of Cookbook Alcohol Free Vanilla?
- Why is the shipping cost so high? I paid more for shipping then I did for the extract!
- What is the difference between Natural, Organic, and Pure Vanilla Extracts?
Log into your account. Add a product to your cart. When you go to the checkout page, there will be "Payment Info". Edit the payment info to change your credit card. Click "Save Payment Info." This will change the credit card on the account.
Yes you can. These orders cannot be processed through our website. Please call us or send an email to order. Our telephone number is 800-735-0545.
Declines due to Address Verification System mismatch will lead to a hold on the authorized funds. The funds will remain on the customer's card until the card issuing bank removes the authorization. As a result, the held funds may be subtracted from the customer's available balance, and an online statement may reflect the authorization request which might be mistaken for an actual charge. Most card issuing banks will remove authorizations within 3-7 days if they are not claimed for settlement.
In most cases, orders are declined due to a mismatch of address, zip code, or security code. These all must be correct and must match that which the credit card company has on file.
We use the following carriers to deliver our orders:
The rate charged for the shipping of your order is based on the weight of your products and your location. You may use pull down tab in shipping options to decipher your cheapest method of shipping before placing your order.
Lost, stolen or damaged packages
Cook Flavoring Company is not responsible or liable for any lost or stolen packages. The packages delivered by USPS or UPS are confirmed by the deliverer with a tracking number scan, once package is scanned and left it is no longer the carrier or Cook Flavoring Companies' responsibility.
If your package is damaged please contact us via e-mail or phone to receive instruction on how to proceed.
"Spend $50.00 or more and get free shipping" does not apply to customers located in Alaska, Hawaii or Puerto Rico. We apologize if this is in anyway an inconvenience for our customers. Please Contact us if you have any questions or concerns.
There are 92 Carbohydrates per 100 grams of Powder which converted is 368 Calories. (Multiply # of carbs. by 4 to get # of Calories). There are 16 calories per teaspoon.
No matter the powder it will always be 92 carbs. Per 100 grams of powder. 16 calories per teaspoon.
Yes! You can use a one-to-one substitution of Pure Vanilla Powder for Pure Vanilla Extract.
There are 7 teaspoons per ounce of Vanilla Powder.
Organic vanilla powder.
Corn and it is gluten free.
Tonga and Fiji
By law we are required to have 13 1/3 ounces of vanilla beans per gallon of vanilla. (So if you have a 2x, 3x or 4x then you multiply that number by 13 1/3 and that’s how many beans to that gallon) (EX: 13 1/3 X 2)
These are the two species of vanilla bean used by Cook's. The Bourbon bean, also called the Madagascar bean, has a traditional, full, rich flavor. The Tahitian bean has a more floral flavor profile. The names of each speak to the places where each type was historically grown.
Terpeneless comes from the word Terpenes which are a natural waxy compound found in the peel of a citrus such as lemon or orange. When pressed the oil of the citrus contain these Terpenes which can cause the oil to turn rancid or terpeney. We remove these Terpenes so there is no rancidity problem and they have a higher quality of flavor and longer shelf life.
Cookbook, Hazelnut, Pure Vanilla Powder, Pure Almond Powder, Sweet Dough, Colombian Coffee, Coconut
You would use about 20 oz of Bourbon Extract.
Use a one-to-one substitution.
When referring to vanilla, an extract must contain at least 35% alcohol. A flavor can have 0% to 34% alcohol. When referring to flavors other than vanilla, the term is not specifically defined, and can be used interchangably.
There are .02 grams of sugar per teaspoon of Maple Flavor.
There are 28 grams of sugar in a 4oz. bottle of Cookbook Alcohol Free Vanilla.
We would like to take a moment to explain our shipping prices to you. We do not bump up our shipping prices. We do not charge handling fees. We charge our customers only what we are charged by UPS and by the United States Postal Service. It is unfortunate for all that shipping is costly. It does affect our business in that the cost of our items are relatively low, but the weight of them is relatively high. An 8 ounce bottle of extract weighs one pound, including the box and packaging material.
We are sorry for any possible frustration shipping charges may cause, and hope that now you can better understand the challenges we face when shipping our products.
Pure vanilla extracts are required by law to contain at least 35% alcohol and at least 13.35 ounces of vanilla bean per gallon. There must be no additional ingredients to the alcohol and what comes directly from the beans. For instance, Pure vanilla extracts must not be spiked with extra vanillin.
Natural extracts contain all natural ingredients. There is no formal definition of a "natural" food in the USDA.
Organic extracts are Pure extracts whose ingredients have all been certified by CCOF and USDA as organic.
All of Cook's Organic extracts are also Pure, and all of Cook's Pure extracts are also Natural.