|The Drop That Makes The Difference|
Ris Au Lait
- 1 quart whole milk
- 1 Cook's Vanilla Bean
- 6 ounces Aboria Rice
- 6 ounces sugar
- Set oven to just over 200 F. (212 F or 100 C)
- Split vanilla bean in half lengthwise with a pairing knife and scrape seeds out.
- Place seeds and the two pod halves with milk, rice and sugar in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, stir and reduce heat to simmer very gently for 5 - 10 minutes while preparing baking dish.
- Butter a small ceramic baking dish, (8x8 square or 9 inch round).
- Pour rice and milk mixture into dish along with the vanilla pods.
- Bake until thick, and caramel color throughout about 2 - 2 1/2 hours.