Servings: 18 Muffins Prep: 30 Minutes Cook Time: 30-35 Minutes
Explore more recipes
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine the blueberries and the Pure Blueberry Extract.
- Cream together the butter and white sugar until light in color and sandy in texture.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the Pure Vanilla Extract. Beat well.
- Whisk together the flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold half of the flour mixture into the batter.
- Add the milk and fold it into the batter.
- Add the remaining flour mixture and fold it into the batter until just mixed and no large lumps are visible.
- Fold in the blueberries and blueberry extract into the batter. Optional: reserve a few berries for top of muffins.
- Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- Fill each cup 3/4 full with batter.
- Top the batter with a sprinkling of turbinado sugar and 2-4 reserved blueberries.
- bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown on top and a knife comes out of the center clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from New York Times.