Double Chocolate Muffins
1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter, softened
1 Cup Brown Sugar, packed
2 Large Eggs
1/2 Cup Cocoa Powder
2 Cups Flour
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1 Teaspoon Salt
1/2 Cup Whole Milk
1/2 Cup Sour Cream
1 Teaspoon Cook’s Pure Coffee Extract
1 Teaspoon Cook’s Pure Vanilla Extract
112 Oz Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Line muffin tins with cupcake liners or grease the pans with butter.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter and the sugar.
- Add in the eggs, one at a time, scraping the bowl after each addition.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a third separate bowl, combine together the sour cream, milk, and extracts.
- Add the flour in three additions, alternating with two additions of the milk mixture.
- Mix until not quite combined.
- Add in the chocolate chips and mix until just combined.
- Scoop about 1/4 to 1/3 cup of batter into each muffin well.
- Bake for 5 minutes at 425, then reduce the heat to 350 degrees and continue baking for 15 minutes.
- Let cool on a wire rack.