Orange and Chocolate Chip Oat Cookies
2.5 Cups Old Fashioned Oats, Ground into a flour
2 Cups Flour
1 Tsp Baking Powder
1 Tsp Baking Soda
1/2 Tsp Salt
1 Tbsp Dried Valencia Orange Peel
1.5 Cups Unsalted Butter
1 Cup Sugar
1 Cup Light Brown Sugar, packed
1 Tbsp Cookie Pure Vanilla Extract
12 Oz Milk Chocolate Chips
1 Cup Pecans, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, combine the ground oats, flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and dried orange peel. Set aside.
3. In the bowl of a large mixer, cream together the butter and the sugars.
4. Add in the eggs, one at a time, scraping the bowl after each addition.
5. Mix in the extracts.
6. Mix in the flour mixture until just combined.
7. Gently mix in the chocolate chips and the pecans.
8. Roll the cookies into 1.5-inch balls and place them on a baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
9. Bake for 8-12 minutes or until just golden brown. Let cool on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container.
*Recipe adapted from Milk and Cookies.