Vanilla Bean Sugar Cookies
For The Cookies:
1/2 Tsp Salt
1 Tsp Baking soda
4 1/2 Cups All-purpose flour
For the Whipped Vanilla Frosting
1 Cup Salted Butter, at room temperature
1 Tbsp Cook’s Pure Vanilla Paste
2 1/2 Cups Powdered Sugar
Assorted sprinkles, for decorating
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
3. In the bowl of a large mixer, cream together the butter and the sugar.
4. Add in the eggs, one at a time, scraping the bowl after each addition.
5. Mix in the extracts.
6. Mix in the flour mixture until just combined.
7. Roll into a 2″ log, wrap in plastic wrap or parchment paper, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to 12 hours.
8. Slice 1/2 inch slices and place 1 inch apart on a baking sheet.
9. Bake for 8-12 minutes or until just golden brown. Let cool on a wire rack.
For the Icing:
1, Cream the butter on high speed for about 5 minutes.
2. Add in the vanilla paste and mix thoroughly.
3. Add the powdered sugar and then turn the mixer on slow speed until the powdered sugar is mixed in, then beat on high for about 3 more minutes or until the frosting is light and fluffy.
4. Frost the cookies and decorate them with sprinkles.
*Recipe adapted from Half Baked Harvest.