Vegan Banana Bread
Recipe Adapted from The Connoisseurus Veg.
For the Cake:
3 Overripe Bananas
1/3 Cup Brown Sugar, Packed
1/3 Cup White Sugar
1/3 Cup Canola Oil
2 Cups Flour
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1 Tsp Salt
1/2 Tsp Ground Cloves
1 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
1/2 Cup Raisins. soaked in boiling water
For the Topping:
1/4 Cup Brown Sugar, Packed
3 Tbsp Canola Oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a standard loaf pan with vegan baking spray.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas with a fork or potato masher.
- Add the sugars, oil, and extracts into the bananas and thoroughly mix.
- Add the flour, spices, baking soda, and salt and mix until just combined and no large lumps of flour remain.
- Mix in the drained raisins.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining brown sugar, flour, and oil Top the batter with this mixture.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from the pan and cool on a wire rack.