Alex Bugrov is an engineering genius. When he isn't saving the world by making automobiles environmentally-friendly, he is baking with our products. This is one of his specialties.
- Move rack to the lower third of the oven and preheat oven to 325 F. Line a 9 x 13-inch baking pan with nonstick foil.
- Chop candy bars into rough 1/2-inch chunks.
- Pour into a bowl and place in the freezer until needed.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar on high speed until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Reduce to medium speed. Add Cook's Choice Pure Vanilla Extract, then eggs in a steady stream, beating until combined.
- Alternating between the flour mixture and the buttermilk, mix in one third at a time until incorporated, scraping down sides as needed. Batter will be thick. Fold in 2/3 of the candy bar chunks.
- Pour into prepared pan and spread evenly. Sprinkle remaining 1/3 candy bar chunks and grated coconut on top. Bake for about 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool to room temperature. Lift cake out of the pan using the foil. Cut and serve.