Caramel Macchiato Cheesecake
Servings: 10-12 Prep: 30 Minutes, Plus 12 hours of chilling Cook Time: 2 Hours
For the Crust:
1½ Cups Oreo cookie crumbs, from 26 whole cookies
5 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
2 Tbsp Cook's Pure Vanilla Powder
1 Tsp Instant Coffee
1/8 Tsp Salt
For the Filling:
32 oz Cream cheese, at room temperature
2 Cups Sugar
3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
3 Tbsp Cook's Java Creme Flavor
¼ Tsp Salt
6 Large Eggs
½ Cup Sour cream
For the Topping:
1 Cup Sour Cream
2 Tsp Instant Coffee
1/4 Cup Sugar
For Whipped Cream:
1 Cup Whipping Cream
1/4 Cup Caramel Sauce, plus more for drizzling
A 9" Springform cheesecake pan and aluminum foil are required.
*Recipe adapted from Once Upon a Chef
For the Crust:
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Prepare the pan by wrapping the bottom of the pan with aluminum foil twice so that no seams are on the bottom of the pan. Use two pieces of foil in a cross pattern. This is important as boiling water will be added to the bottom of the pan to prevent cracking and the water will seek into the cheesecake if there is any exposure to the water.
- In a food processor, pulse the Oreos into fine crumbs and then add the salt, instant coffee, and Vanilla Powder into the food processor and pulse until all combined.
- Add the melted butter and then pulse until fully combined and the texture is that of wet sand.
- Press the crust into the bottom of the pan firmly with your fingers, a glass, or a spoon.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
For the cheesecake:
- In a bowl of an electric mixture, beat together the cream cheese, sugar, and flour until the ingredients are just smooth.
- Add the Java Creme Extract and salt into the batter and mix on low speed until fully combined. Scrape the bottom of the bowl with a rubber spatula to fully and evenly incorporate all of the ingredients.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing thoroughly after each addition and scraping the bottom of the bowl with a rubber spatula.
- Mix the in the sour cream and beat until smooth, but do not overmix.
- Pour the batter into the pan with the baked crust.
- Place the springform pan into a sheet pan and pour 1/2 cup boiling water into the bottom of the pan.
- Place in the middle rack over the oven and bake for 2 hours or until the top is lightly browned and the cake is just set but still jiggly.
- Remove the cake pan from the water and sheet pan. Let set for 1 hour at room temperature and then let the cake in a refrigerator for an additional 12 hours.
For the Sour Cream Topping:
- Combine the ingredients in a bowl and mix until smooth. Pour over cooled (room temperature) cheesecake. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
For the whipped Cream:
- Whip cream and caramel together until stiff peaks form. One hour before serving, to the cheesecake with dollops of whipping cream or pipe on top of the cheesecake. Drizzle with caramel sauce, and dust with instant coffee or Oreo crumbs.