Cinnamon Swirl Snickerdoodle Cookies
Servings: 36 Prep: 15 Minutes, plus 2 hours chill time Cook Time: 8-12 Minutes
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together the 1 cup of butter and 1.5 cups of sugar.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, scraping down the bowl and mixing after each addition.
- Mix in the vanilla extract.
- In a small bowl, melt the remaining butter, then mix in the remaining sugar, cinnamon, and cinnamon extract. Set aside.
- Add the flour mixture to the cream butter, sugar, and egg mixture and mix on low speed until barely combined.
- Mix in the cinnamon mixture with a rubber spatula so that there are swirls in the dough.
- Chill the dough for 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Scoop dough into 1.25-inch balls onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack. Store in an air-tight container.