Classic Poundcake with Strawberries
Servings: 10-12 Prep: 30 Minutes Cook Time: 2 Hours
For the cake:
1½ cups unsalted butter, room temperature
3 cups granulated sugar
7 large eggs
½ tsp salt
3¼ cups all-purpose flour
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 tbsp Pure Vanilla Extract
For the vanilla icing:
2 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup milk
1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
1 Recipe Strawberry Sauce
1 Quart of strawberries, sliced
For the Cake:
- Grease and flour a 12-quart bundt cake pan.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cream together the butter and the sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Mix in the vanilla extract.
- Fold in half of the flour and the salt gently, using a rubber spatula. Mix until just before all the flour is incorporated.
- Fold in the heavy cream, and mix until just incorporated.
- Fold in the rest of the flour and mix until just incorporated.
- Spoon batter into the prepared cake pan and smooth the top.
- Bake for 1 hour uncovered, then tent with aluminum foil and bake another 45 minutes to an hour or until a knife comes out clean when inserted into the cake.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn out. *Recipe adapted from Spiced
For the icing:
Mix all of the ingredients together until there are no lumps in the icing.
For the assembly:
Once the cake is cool, top first with the vanilla icing and then with the strawberry sauce. Sprinkle sliced strawberries on top. Enjoy!