Creamy Lemon Chicken Pasta
Servings: 4 Prep: 30 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes
4 Chicken Breasts
1 Cup plus 2 Tbsp Flour
1 Tsp Dried Basil
1 Tsp Salt
1 Tsp Pepper
2 Cups Panko Bread Crumbs
6 Tbsp Butter, divided
1 Cup Milk
1 Cup Heavy Cream
1 Bunch of Asparagus, cut into 2 inch -pieces
1 Pint Cherry Tomatoes
1 Bag of Frozen Peas
1/4 Cup Lemon Juice
1/4 Cup Dry White Wine
1 Box Linguine Pasta
Fresh basil for garnish
Fresh parmesan for garnish
- Pound chicken breasts until about 1/2 inch thick.
- In three small bowls, set up the dredging mixtures: lightly whisk the eggs in one bowl, in the second bowl, combine 1 cup of flour, salt, and pepper, and put the panko crumbs in the third bowl.
- Dredge the pounded chicken in flour, then eggs, then panko.
- In a large frying pan, heat 4 Tbsp butter and then fry the floured chicken on medium heat until the crust is golden brown and the chicken is cooked through. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in salted water until al-dente. Drain and set aside.
- In the same frying pan the chicken was cooked in, melt the remaining butter and then whisk in the remaining 2 Tbsp flour until a roux forms. Whisk in the wine and reduce until no more liquid remains. Whisk in the lemon juice, heavy cream, and milk. Finally, ass in the vegetables and cook until the sauce is thick enough to coat a spoon and the vegetables are tender-crisp. Add in the Lemon Extract. Finally, mix in the cooked noodles.
- Plate the bowls with the vegetable and pasta mixture, slice the chicken breast, and arrange on top of the noodles. Finally, top with basil and parmesan.