Double Chocolate Muffins
Servings: 24 Prep: 10 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Line muffin tins with cupcake liners or grease the pans with butter.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter and the sugar.
- Add in the eggs, one at a time, scraping the bowl after each addition.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a third separate bowl, combine together the sour cream, milk, and extracts.
- Add the flour in three additions, alternating with two additions of the milk mixture.
- Mix until not quite combined.
- Add in the chocolate chips and mix until just combined.
- Scoop about 1/4 to 1/3 cup of batter into each muffin well.
- Bake for 5 minutes at 425, then reduce the heat to 350 degrees and continue baking for 15 minutes.
- Let cool on a wire rack.