Fancy Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Servings: 36 Prep: 30 minutes, Plus 12 hours of chilling Cook Time: 8-12 minutes
2 Cups All-purpose flour
1 Tsp Salt
1 Tsp Baking Soda
1.25 Cups European Butter, divided
3/4 Cup Brown sugar, packed
3/4 Cup White sugar
8 Oz Semi-sweet chocolate chips
8 Oz Milk chocolate chips
1. In a small saucepan over low heat, melt 1 cup of the butter and continue heating until the butter browns. Let cool completely; ideally at room temperature overnight.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
3. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
4. In the bowl of a large mixer, cream together the browned butter, remaining room temperature butter and the sugars.
5. Add in the eggs, one at a time, scraping the bowl after each addition.
6. Mix in the extract.
7. Mix in the flour mixture until just combined.
8. Gently mix in the chocolate chips.
9. Refrigerate cookies for at least 2 hours.
10. Roll the cookies into 1.5-inch balls and place them on a baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
11. Bake for 8-12 minutes or until just golden brown. Let cool on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container.