Vanilla Pie Crust
2.5 Cups All-Purpose Flour
1 Tsp Salt
1 Tbsp Pure Vanilla Powder
12 Tbsp Chilled Unsalted Butter
1/3 Cup Chilled Vegetable Shortening
8-12 Tbsp Cold Milk
1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, slat, and pure vanilla powder.
2. Cut the butter and vegetable shortening into 1/4 inch cubes and put into the bowl with the flour mixture.
3. Toss the butter, shortening, and flour together until all of the cubes are coated. Then, using your fingers, press the cubes into the flour until the mixture resembles sand and pebbles.
4. Add the milk, starting with 8 tablespoons and then adding more, if necessary. Toss the milk into the dough and then start to form the dough into a ball. Add enough milk so that dough comes into a ball.
5. Divide the dough in half and then form it into disks. Wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least one hour before rolling out.