Pure Vanilla Powder
Sweet. Pure. Revolutionary.
Vanilla is our family business. For more than a century, we've strived for unmatched quality. We personally select fully ripened, sun-cured Madagascar vanilla beans, extracted slowly to elicit the magic of vanilla's over three hundred aromatic compounds.
Craftsmanship at its finest.
Widely imitated but never surpassed, our pure vanilla powder is made from the same fine vanilla beans as our extracts. Never evaporates in baking, and makes a fantastic condiment. Substitute 1-for-1 for extract. Sprinkle and swoon.
Flavor Notes: Sweet and complex.
Our Pure Vanilla Powder is a true vanilla flavor in dextrose (sugar) derived from a tapioca base. Perfect as a condiment in beverages and as a wonderful addition to dry mixes from pie crusts to protein powders.
For home cooking and baking, use 1 teaspoon to 1 tablespoon.
As a condiment, sprinkle desired amount.
For industrial applications, use 2 to 4 ounces per 5 gallons (40 pounds) of mix.
Store in a cool, dry, dark container away from sunlight.
this product is extremely shelf-stable and lasts for years. For FDA and trace-ability purposes, however, shelf life is stated as 1095 days from manufacture date. Manufacture date is listed as UDC.
Absolutely delicious. I never realized how the rum in a standard extract affected the flavor of my baking until I found this product. The end result is a smoother tasting baked good with unrivaled vanilla flavor. 100% recommend.
Thank you for your kind review! We are thrilled you appreciate our Pure Vanilla Powder! Just to clarify, pure vanilla extract does contain a high percentage of alcohol, but it is not rum. We use 100% sugar cane organic alcohol in our pure vanilla extracts, which is tasteless. However, the pungency of alcohol does come through in the aroma.
I've come to prefer using Cooks vanilla powder for a lot of my baking, meringues, yogurt and drinks. I like that it doesn't add liquids to my delicate egg and frosting recipes. I especially like it for my homemade kefir and yogurt because the flavor is concentrated, yet mellow. Because these uses aren't baked, regular extract can leave an alcohol after taste. I have not noticed a difference in using this vs liquid extract in my baked goods. Finally, it's easy to measure and store.
I have used Cook's Vanilla Powder for 24 years. I was first introduced to Vanilla Powder by a fellow commercial baker. I never looked back! We were a small scratch bakery in a very small town. I'd call you guys on the phone and you would send out 1-gallon jugs. As a 'home baker' now, I am very happy you supply us too! Thank you so much1
Thank you for your kind review! We love that you continue to enjoy using the vanilla powder in your home baking. -Cook Flavoring Company
Perfect for adding to espresso, cappuccino, ice coffee! Would like to know how much vanilla extract equivalence (in fl. oz) is in a 4.5 oz bottle of powdered vanilla.
Thank you for your review. Our Pure Vanilla Powder can be substituted 1:1 for Pure Vanilla Extract. Thus, the equivalent would be 4.5 fl. oz. Pure Vanilla Extract.
How can the bottle say Pure Vanilla Powder when the bottle is mostly full of powdered sugar?
Hello Gene, I am sorry you were disappointed in the product. This is indeed Pure Vanilla Powder. We use dextrose (powdered sugar) as the carrier or base for the pure vanilla flavor extracted directly from vanilla beans.
Regulatory Approval & Safety
- This product is manufactured, processed, packed, handled, and shipped in accordance to all FDA requirements. In addition, all federal and state regulations for food products including California Proposition 65 and FSMA are satisfied. Our facility is completely allergen-free.
- The product is stored and shipped in containers, at temperatures, and under conditions necessary to preserve the quality of the product.
- Cook Flavoring Company is SQF Level 2 certified for food safety.
- Certified Kosher by Central California Kosher.
- All of Cook Flavoring's products are vegan and have not been tested on animals.
- This product is alcohol-free, allergen-free, gluten-free, non-GMO, and certified Kosher by Central California Kosher.
Country of Origin
- This product is manufactured by Cook Flavoring Company located at: 200 Sherwood Rd, Paso Robles, California, United States of America.
- The dextrose in the product is a product of the United States of America and is derived from tapioca.
- The vanilla beans in this product are a product of Madagascar.
23 Servings per container
Amount per Serving
% Daily Value*
|Total Fat 0g|
|Saturated Fat 0g|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 89g|
|Dietary Fiber 1g|
|Total Sugars 4g|
|Added Sugars 4g|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
LNNS: Level of No Nutritional Significance
Container is 5 pounds