Eggnog Cheesecake with Sour Cream and Rum Topping
Servings: 10-12 Prep: 30 Minutes, Plus 12 hours of chilling Cook Time: 2 hours
For the Crust:
1½ Cups Shortbread cookies, about 25 cookies
5 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
2 Tbsp Cook's Pure Vanilla Powder
1/8 Tsp Salt
For the Filling:
32 oz Cream cheese, at room temperature
2 Cups Sugar
3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
2 Tbps Cook's Eggnog Flavor
1 Tsp Ground Nutmeg
1 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
¼ Tsp Salt
6 Large eggs
½ Cup Eggnog
For the Topping:
1 Cup Sour Cream
2 Tbsps Spiced Rum
1 Tsp Cook's Pure Cookie Vanilla Extract
1/4 Cup Sugar
A 9" Springform cheesecake pan and aluminum foil are required.
*Recipe adapted from Once Upon a Chef
For the Crust:
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Prepare the pan by wrapping the bottom of the pan with aluminum foil twice so that no seams are on the bottom of the pan. Use two pieces of foil in a cross pattern. This is important as boiling water will be added to the bottom of the pan to prevent cracking and the water will seek into the cheesecake if there is any exposure to the water.
- In a food processor, pulse the cookiess into fine crumbs and then add the salt and the Vanilla Powder into the food processor and pulse until all combined.
- Add the melted butter and then pulse until fully combined and the texture is that of wet sand.
- Press the crust into the bottom of the pan firmly with your fingers, a glass, or a spoon.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
For the cheesecake:
- In a bowl of an electric mixture, beat together the cream cheese, sugar, and flour until the ingredients are just smooth.
- Add the extracts, spices, and salt into the batter and mix on low speed until thoroughly combined. Scrape the bottom of the bowl with a rubber spatula to thoroughly and evenly incorporate all of the ingredients.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing thoroughly after each addition and scraping the bottom of the bowl with a rubber spatula.
- Mix in the egg nog and beat until smooth, but do not overmix.
- Pour the batter into the pan with the baked crust.
- Place the springform pan into a sheet pan and pour 1/2 cup boiling water into the bottom of the pan.
- Place in the middle rack over the oven and bake for 2 hours or until the top is lightly browned and the cake is just set but still jiggly.
- Remove the cake pan from the water and sheet pan. Let set for 1 hour at room temperature and then let the cake in a refrigerator for an additional 12 hours.
For the topping:
- Combine the ingredients in a bowl and mix until smooth. Pour over cooled (room temperature) cheesecake. Refrigerate until ready to serve.